Last Updated: April 13, 2016
Welcome to Amazon Inspire. Amazon Inspire allows users to upload, share, discover, access, download, and use digital content, such as, videos, images, lesson plans, and other educational resources (the “Services”). The Services are accessible through our website at www.amazoninspire.com and any successor websites (collectively, the “Site”).
Amazon may change the Platform or this Agreement at any time. Your continued use of the Platform following the effective date of any changes will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
As a Platform user, you may upload Resources to the Platform. “Resources” means files or links that are capable of being uploaded to the Platform. “Shared Resources” means Resources that have been uploaded to the Platform. The terms Resources and Shared Resources do not include any component of the Platform or other content or information posted by users or provided to Amazon outside of the Platform’s Resource upload process, such as reviews, comments, and communications.
You will be asked to provide certain details about your Shared Resources when uploading them, such as the subject matter, title, and author (collectively, “Resource Details”).
When you upload Resources to the Platform, you are making them available to Amazon and users of the Platform. Amazon will be free to make your Shared Resources available via the Platform. You will have the option of selecting a user license type for your Shared Resources. The default user license is Creative Commons Attribution 4.0, but there are others available. Platform users are free to use and share your Shared Resources in accordance with the license you select.
Representations and Warranties Regarding Your Shared Resources
You are solely responsible for your Shared Resources and the consequences of submitting and publishing them on the Platform. You represent and warrant that:
- You are either the sole and exclusive owner of your Shared Resources or you have all rights, licenses, permissions, consents, and releases that are necessary to upload and publish your Resources on the Platform.
- Your Shared Resources, and use of your Shared Resources by Amazon and Platform users, do not and will not infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, rights or privacy or publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right and will not result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Your Shared Resources do not and will not violate, or encourage any conduct that would violate, any applicable law, rule, or regulation or would give rise to civil liability.
- You will provide accurate Resource Details; and
- You will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Your Shared Resources
The Platform is intended to allow you to share educational content with a wide audience and you should only upload Resources that have educational value. In general, follow community standards of common sense and good taste. You agree that you will not upload any Resources that:
- Are profane, obscene, or otherwise offensive, including inappropriate content like nudity, pornography, or sexually explicit content.
- Depict violence, or harass, threaten, defame, or abuse others.
- Promote discrimination, racism, hatred, harassment, or harm towards an individual or group of people.
- Illegally exploit images or likenesses of minors.
- Promote illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- May be harmful to others or to Amazon’s operations or reputation, including content that offers or disseminates fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions.
- May damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of prohibited Resources but rather as general guidelines.
Accessing and Using the Platform and Resources
You may access and use the Platform and any Shared Resources or other content made available on the Platform in accordance with this Agreement and the requirements of all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. You may not charge others, directly or indirectly, to access, download, or otherwise use Shared Resources via the Platform. Your use of Shared Resources is also subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable license for those Shared Resources.
By accessing or using the Platform, you may be exposed to content from a variety of sources, as well as links to websites operated by third parties. Amazon is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, or intellectual property rights relating to such content and does not endorse any third-party content, websites, or offerings. You may be exposed to content that is inaccurate, controversial, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Amazon. Amazon has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content.
Associating You with Your Institution
Administrator accounts are intended to be used only by authorized representatives of the associated entity. If you register for an Administrator account, we may share your name and other account information you provide us with the associated entity or users that have previously registered for Administrator accounts for the associated entity to confirm your association.
You may register for a Teacher account without being associated with a particular entity. However, your school or other entity may provide you with a code you can enter on the Platform to confirm your association with them. If you choose to enter this code on the Platform, we may share your name and other account information with that entity to confirm your association.
Associating You with Your Shared Resources
We recognize the hard work that goes into creating and providing Resources and we like to give credit where it is due. When you upload Resources, we may use your name and organization’s name associated with your account in connection with such Shared Resources and you grant Amazon and our sublicensees the right to do so.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Amazon, its affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents from and against any and all claims, costs, losses, damages, settlement, expenses, or other liabilities (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) arising from or in any way related to: (1) the Platform or Resources; (2) your violation of this Agreement or your breach of the representations or warranties made by you in this Agreement; or (3) your violation of the rights of any third party.
Eligibility, Restrictions, and Limitations
The Platform is designed for use in the United States and may not be appropriate for use in other locations. Amazon may permit you to register for the Platform through certain third-party sites or services (“Third-Party Sites”). By registering for the Platform using a Third-Party Site, you agree that Amazon may access your Third-Party Site’s account information. Amazon does not control the practices of Third-Party Sites, and you should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use.
Termination of Your Amazon Inspire Account
We may investigate any violation of this Agreement or misuse of the Platform. Amazon may limit or revoke your access to the Platform at any time and for any reason without notice, for example if you fail to comply with any of these Amazon Inspire Terms. Amazon's failure to enforce your compliance with this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any of its rights. If Amazon terminates your rights to access the Platform, you must cease all use of the Platform. Amazon reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Platform at any time and for any reason without notice. Amazon will not be liable to you for its exercise of this right.
Any dispute with or claim against Amazon arising from or relating to this Agreement, the Platform, or any Shared Resources is subject to the binding arbitration, governing law, disclaimer of warranties, limitation of liability, and all other terms in the Amazon.com Conditions of Use. By accessing or using the Platform, you agree to be bound by those terms.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Without limiting the Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability terms in the Amazon.com Conditions of Use, unless otherwise required by applicable law, in no event will our or our licensors' aggregate liability arising from or relating to this Agreement, the Platform, or any Resources with respect to any claim exceed fifty dollars ($50).
Amazon respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Amazon that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Amazon's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be reached as follows:
Amazon.com Legal Department
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108
phone: (206) 266-4064
fax: (206) 266-7010
Amazon.com Legal Department
410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109-5210